Saturday, October 19, 2013

Upgraded Vacation

This vacation for Lauren's birthday has been nicknamed the "upgraded vacation" in my head. We began this vacation by upgrading the van we were supposed to rent to a Mercedes Benz SUV. It is sick! It's super fancy and we feel like the rich people rolling up in it. It's been fun. (Upgrade #1)

Then when we got to Vegas, we got general admission tickets to the Variety Show. When we got seated, there weren't enough seats in the back to seat all 6 of us together, so they moved us to the 3rd row.  :) (Upgrade #2)

After the show, we met Clayton at his apartment and got the key to Nell and Bob's condo. It's in a super-nice gated community right by Las Vegas Lake.  We got there around 12:30 or 1:00 and the key wouldn't work. Clayton's house was like 20 minutes away and we were exhausted, so we just got rooms at the Westin Resort. (So nice!!!)  (Upgrade #3)

Then here is the big one!!! We went to the Shania Twain concert and our seats were on the second to last row on the very top of the Colosseum.  Just before the concert started we were making jokes about why we didn't get front row seats and how Shania was going to look like a baby Shania from how far away we were. We were only two songs into the concert when someone from concert came and asked us if we wanted to move down. We excitedly followed him and thanked him repeatedly. We told him it was Lauren's birthday and that made him happy he chose us.  I thought we would be seated at the back of the bottom floor (there are three), but no! We were on the very front section!!! (Upgrade #4)

The concert was awesome. During one of her songs she started walking through the crowd and since I was only 3 people in, she shook my hand. :)  What was more impressive than that was the fact that two rows in front of me there was a down-syndrome boy standing up. She didn't just shake his hand, she went into the row a few people to give him a hug. Then two people down from me was a handicapped boy. He was her biggest fan at the concert. He was in a wheelchair, but knew every Shania song and sang them all at the top of his lungs. His parents on each side of him occasionally tried to quiet him down because they were worried he was bugging people, but I loved it. Special people like that are so touching to me.  Shania came behind him (we were on the last row of the front section) and hugged him. Then she let him sing part of the chorus with her. :)  It was so cute! I have so much respect for her. The concert was amazing. The stage transformed like 7 or 8 times. She changed her outfit probably 10 times. The lights and sounds were amazing. All in all, it was an awesome concert. Probably the best I have ever been to. I have been to Kenny Chesney and Tim & Faith in Utah (I even got to touch Tim's hand once too), but this was a show. It wasn't just singing, it was her coming out of the ground, coming down from the ceiling on a motorcycle, her bringing in a pure black horse at the beginning and a pure white one at the end that bowed down. It was amazing. Loved it!

We have definitely been spoiled too. We went shopping, had filet mignon, and all sorts of special things. What a trip!

Despite all that, I can't wait to get home and kiss my girls and husband tomorrow. Fun vacation, but I can't wait to see my family again.

Goodnight.
 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea Shania was performing. I want to see her! And sssooo lucky to be upgraded!!!

    ReplyDelete