Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2 Pink Piggy-Tailed Princesses!

Yes, my new blog is all pink for a reason. Dave is being overrun with girls. :) We found out we were expecting around Thanksgiving time. 3 weeks ago now, we found out that our new little addition will be a girl. We initially tried to find out what it would be on Valentine's Day and had little poems made up to announce it to everyone via text. If it was a boy it was going to say:
Roses are red,
Till now we never knew,
That our baby to be,
Would be a baby in BLUE!

If it was a girl, we were going to send everyone this message:
Roses are red,
I bet you never did think,
That our baby to be,
Would be another in PINK!

...Unfortunately on Valentines, our modest little mouse wouldn't reveal to us her gender. :( So at my 20 week ultrasound we found out it was indeed another little princess. I sort of always wanted to have 2 girls together, so I was way excited. Peyton had said all along that she wanted a little sister and I figured that she was probably the closest to the veil than any of us. She is way excited. With my growing belly she has started to understand where the baby is. When we told her she was for sure getting a little sister, her first response was, "Go get her!" Haha, we told her we would at the end of July. :)

I don't know how Dave is going to handle another girl. Right now Peyton comes into our bed every morning around 6 am and sleeps on one arm of Dave's. I sleep on the other. Where is another little girl going to go?! Peyton is such a daddy's girl. It is adorable. I admit that I sometimes to get jealous with all the attention he gets, but I am home with her alone all day, so I guess that's okay.

We are toying with about 5 names right now and I will post an update when we decide. I am so excited to get out all of Peyton's cute baby clothes again. Peyton and the baby girl will eventually share a room, so it's sort of nice that it is a girl. I'll try to post some pictures of the cute ultrasound pictures we got later.

1 comment:

  1. I hear the name Marisa is quite nice. Ha ha. Just kidding.

    I would love for our next child to be a girl, just because I know how much I love having a sister. I think there will be fighting at times, but that's inevitable. When they're older, your girls are totally going to be the best of friends. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete