In February--President's Day to be exact-- Zion's had their free admission's day. So the Bailey's came down with their friends, the Robinson family, and we had a fun time visiting Zions's National Park. It was still pretty cold, but a BEAUTIFUL day. :) We picked a hike that was about a mile and a half long and saw two little beautiful waterfalls falling into a huge bed of snow. It really was quite nice to get out in the fresh air after such a long winter and Peyton loved it as much as we did. Hiking in the sunlight was nice, but once we got in the shade... the snow covered the trail and it was a bit chilly! That didn't deter us though. :)
This is the beginning of our hike. Notice no snow here...
Playing at the park before we entered Zion's. Poor little Peyton fell down by a tree and scraped her face. :( Her nose, lips, and chin were all red and swollen. It was so sad. :( As long as she was outside though, she didn't care one bit!
As the trail progressed, the shade covered the trail and the snow packed up. People that were walking down the trail saw our stroller and said we wouldn't be able to make it all the way to the falls and that it got to icy and slippery. I told Dave I would turn back with him, but he said he and Peyton would make it there... and they did! I love having such a strong, determined man. :) He makes anything possible.
Tyson and Emma found these big ice-blocks and said they were going to slide down the hill on them. Luckily they didn't--that would have been bad. We teased Emma and Tyson that they were going to get married one day--an idea they are both grossed out about, so Emma wouldn't turn around for a picture with him. :) He he.
I wish the pictures could show how neat it really was. They were just two small waterfalls, but they landed in the snow and made like a little "snow canyon." It was so neat! That is Dave down under them. There were danger signs, so only he went down that close.
I just love Zion's. In the summer, Dave and I, and Mom and Dad Bailey have already decided that we are going to go back this summer and hike Angel's Landing. It looks incredible! I hope they were all serious about doing it because I am really excited to do it!
This is the cute Robinson family. :) Ash and Steph have 3 BEAUTIFUL girls. Ash is from Fiji and gave his beautiful skin to all of them, which I am slightly jealous about. Tia is the oldest, followed by Emma, and then Mara.
We had such a good time. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful time. It was such a fun weekend. Besides Zion's, we also got to eat some good Polynesian food, see Tangled in theaters, and just have relaxing weekend together. :) I love little mini-vacations like these. They always make for good memories.



When I went to SUU me and the roomies bought an annual pass to Zion's and it was the best investment EVER! We hiked all the time and it was close enough that we didn't have to go out of the way. Totally do angels landing--just don't look down at the end if you are afraid of heights (which I am, and I nearly had a heart attack :/).
ReplyDelete