Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dave's Duck

If you all know Dave, you know he is my hick-wannabe. :) I thought I married a city-boy, but I got a hick in disguise. I love him though. :) He loves to hunt and fish! Any night of the week you can expect to find him searching the internet for deals on new hunting equipment... not that he needs any more. He already has 3 fly-rods, 1 ice-fishing rod, 2 shotguns, a rifle, and now a bow. Geez! But I let him do what he loves because he lets me indulge in my hobbies too. (I won't even begin to tell you everything that's in my craft closet!) Plus, hunting is something we can enjoy together. I haven't been into it too much since we've been married because of being pregnant and having a child so quick, but I do like to go out shooting with him now and again.

Over Christmas break he went duck hunting with some friends. They weren't having much luck until right at the end of the day when Dave got this pretty Mallard. I do have to say that his family was NOT too excited about him bringing it home! The worst part is that he was thinking about getting it stuffed so he was keeping it well-preserved in the outside freezer... then forgot to take it out before we left. Let's just say mama Bailey was not too pleased!

I love this picture! It is like Peyton is saying, "Ewww!" She wasn't actually. She thought it was really neat. When Dave brought it in to show everyone, his sisters freaked out and told him to get it away from them! I on the other hand was like, "Where's my camera? Where's Peyton?" Ha ha, my country-girl hick side shone through. :)

So at the end of the day, Dave had a great time and the rest of us were glad that he knew what species he was shooting at this time. ;) Love you hun!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! The story about the freezer and his sisters cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete