Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer fun!


I haven't posted anything about summer in Georgia yet. We have been having a good time. Dave has been working really hard out in the humidity selling security systems for APX. Peyton and I have been playing, swimming, napping, etc... Well, my life hasn't been that easy I guess. I am still doing accounting work online for a firm out of Salt Lake, as well as taking a Master's class online. So between work, school, and Peyton, I stay pretty busy. We do make time to enjoy ourselves though and here are a few pics of that.

THE GEORGIA AQUARIUM
A few weeks ago we went to the Georgia Aquarium. It is supposed to be the largest one in the United States and the ONLY aquarium in the world to have a whale shark. They are HUGE! Other than that we saw giant sting rays, huge fish, different kinds of sharks, beluga whales, crabs, and other things. It was a fun day.
It was the perfect activity to do with a baby. Even Peyton thought it was all so neat. She just stared at the water and fish with awe! She was so happy all day long :)

This is the whale shark. When I think of whale, I think of huge and slow. When I think of shark I think of sharp teeth and ferociousness. He must be mostly whale because he didn't attack anything. :(

These were the cool jellyfish. I had never seen one before. They were so cool to see blob around.
This is a group of our friends out here. We have been lucky to find such a fun group of people. They all like going out and having fun on Saturday nights after a long week of work. We're the only ones with a baby in this group, but they don't seem to mind us toting the little princess everywhere we go. :)

OUR APARTMENT IN CARTERSVILLE, GEORGIA
Here are the apartments that we live in. (Thanks Jenny for the pictures!) We are actually living in Cartersville about 45 minutes North of Atlanta. It is such a nice little place.
Here's the gorgeous pool that we spend a lot of time in. Peyton LOVES the pool. I usually keep her in as long as she can stand it, then go outside to the pool for a few hours. She kicks and squeal and just loves it! I've been getting a pretty good tan, so I can't complain either. :)
Georgia is the home of Coca-Cola. The Coke museum is right next to the aquarium. We didn't go but heard that it is pretty neat and you get free coke samples. This Coca-Cola wall is the place where Coca-Cola was first sold. :) My friend Jenny Cox took these pictures and told me the story. I thought it was neat so I'd share it with the rest of you (thank Jenny)!
These two are of downtown Cartersville. It is such a cute little place with old fashioned shops, railroads, and other cute stuff.

DINNER AT SISTER BOYCE'S HOUSE
A lady in our ward named Sister Kelley invited our whole APX group over for a potluck dinner one Sunday. I bet we had about 50 people there! We all brought something and there was plenty of food to go around. She is such a cute lady.
This is what I brought. It started out as just scooped out watermelon balls, but then I thought it needed some more color so I added orange slices... then apples... then cherries and strawberries. Once I started I couldn't stop the creative juices from flowing, so this is what I ended up with. Way more than I had intended on doing at first. :)
Here are all the tech wives and sales wives (almost everyone anyway). It's sort of funny--all the tech wives have brown hair, and all the salesman's wives have blonde hair. Weird huh?
In the middle of all of us here is Sister Kelley. She is the greatest! She is actually from Taiwan, so she and Dave always speak in Mandarin together. :) They BOTH love it.

ROCK N' RHYME BABY TIME
The Cartersville library does an activity for babies every Wednesday morning. They sing songs, play with toys, see puppet shows, and learn little things. Me and my friend Cortnee took our babies and they seemed to really like it! Peyton has always loved books, but this was something more. She was a little shy at first to be around so many others, but she warmed up. It was really fun for both she and I to get out with some friends and do something different.

(I promise we usually don't match. I got there and realized we were both wearing pink shirts and khaki shorts!)

I love those pretty blue eyes!
This is Cortnee and baby Zoey. Peyton gets so excited when she sees Zoey. They are cute little friends :)

PEYTON & MOMMY
Just trying to pass the day away by playing on Dave's computer!
And here is me and Peyton being bored! This little girl must have been a monkey in her last life because she loves to be upside-down! I wish I could even start to tell you how much I love this little monkey. We play and giggle all day long! I never knew having a baby would be so much fun. Had I known how cute and how fun she would be, I probably would have had a honeymoon baby. :) My life is just so much more fun with her!

1 comment:

  1. I read this a long time ago, and I thought I commented, but apparently not. Your Georgia adventure seems like a dream come true! You're making me want to pack up and move there!

    And yes, Peyton is one of thee CUTEST little girls I've ever seen. And I'm not just saying that. She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete