Finally about 4:30 the doctor showed up. I had been pushing for an hour and half straight and was really starting to lose my energy. He said that these days they hardly ever use forceps or vacuum sucking. He tried to help turn Peyton (her head was facing sideways a little--thus the hard labor). After that didn't work, he asked the nurse to get the vacuum sucker. We used that and I pushed more. I tore inside and the doctor asked, "Do you want to keep tearing, or would you like me to cut?" My mom was in the room and she basically yelled, "cut!" I would have said that, but I love that she did. I needed a split moment of comedy. :) He cut, I pushed, and all of a sudden she was here! The doctor placed her on my belly right away and my emotions were running wild. It was SO special. So tender. I just wanted to cry and never stop holding her.
Dave got to cut the umbilical cord. It's funny-- I thought he would be grossed out and not want to see much or even want to leave (he teased me that he would NOT be in the room when she was born), but then the day came and he was so intrigued with questions and so great to help me... even when I basically nailed and scratched his hand off while they gave me the epidural. :] I promise that the only tears he shed were not from me hurting him. He is such a great husband and will be an amazing daddy for this little angel of ours.
Peyton arrived as a healthy 8lb. 2oz. beautiful baby girl. She is 18.5 inches long and full of thick dark hair. So far she likes to sleep a lot. She is a very good baby, not too fussy. (The first night was a little rough--sort of a wake-up call to parenthood; but since then, she's been a little angel.) She loves to be snuggled-- so precious. She brings such a new and greater sense of love to our home. We both just love her so much that it's seriously miraculous to be able to love so more than you thought you possibly could.



JaRelle, she is so beautiful! I can't believe all of that beautiful hair! Your labor story is so similar to mine. Steven was turned slightly, so he just didn't want to come. I was grateful a vacuum was all they needed. I'm so happy for you!!! Heal fast, and enjoy this new exciting time!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm the first to comment! I must be the BEST aunt!! She is adorable! She looks like both of you...but mostly Dave with her chubby cheeks and nose ha ha! But her best features will most definitely come from her favorite aunt Lana! I will teach her everything she needs to know about pulling pranks, dating, driving...pretty much anything important (so not math or anything, that's her mom's job). Love you guys! Keep up the pics ;)
ReplyDeletePreciosa!!!!! I am Sooooo happy for you 2! She is just a doll! And all of that HAIR!!!! Tu pequena mexicana!!! :) CONGRATS!
ReplyDeletePeyton es hermosa!!! Felicidades JaRelle!!!
ReplyDeleteTe quiero
Virginia
Nice work! She's beautiful and looks exactly like Dave (no offense). She'll take on her beautiful Mom's appearance the older she gets. You really did amazing, pushing for all that time. Congrats! Can't wait to see her in real life! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! she is so beautiful. I the same kind of labor, but my epidural wore out. we forget about all the pain and hours of labor when they arrive. They are so worth it.
ReplyDeleteJarelle!! Yeah i just found your blog today and I love it!! I am so excited for you!! You are going to be an amazing mother! She is so beautiful...good job! well love you and good luck!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! She is so beautiful! They had to use the vacuum for my baby too! I hope you are recovering well!
ReplyDeleteSo precious! Congratulations!! You will be an amazing Mommy!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is adorable! I love all of her hair.
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful! I can't wait to see her up close and personal.
ReplyDelete