Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mother's Day Bike Ride

The day before Mother's Day, we went on a big bike ride down the canyon trail that starts at Big Rock Candy Mountain. Along with us three, Lana, Tyson, Jaxton, McCall, JD, and two little families that were friends with Lana and Tyson came. It was so much fun. The weather was perfect--warm with a little breeze. At first Peyton didn't love riding in the little trailer, but she soon settled in and enjoyed the ride. I love to run and bike, but being 7 months pregnant, they had to assure me that it was all downhill. :) The last half mile was uphill and it ended at a rest-stop. That did me in. One of Lana's friend's had just had a baby two months ago and she and I ended up walking the last part of the hill. Before the ride we left our vehicles at what we thought was the end of the trail... but it was really 3 miles past the end of the trail. So luckily our sweet husbands went the last three miles alone and the wives and kids stayed in the shade at the rest stop. We went 7 miles, the boys went 10. (Well the boys + McCall--fit, little overachiever!) 

We had so much fun. The trail goes down the canyon with beautiful scenery all around. We got to see a huge snake or two, an old train tunnel, and even a few deer. It was fun and relaxing--something I definitely want to do again. (Maybe not when I'm as big and pregnant though, since I had to peddle out away from my belly instead of just straight up and down. I'm sure I looked ridiculous!)

Here are some pics. Thanks Lana for sending them to us!














2 comments:

  1. You guys need to postpone all your fun stuff for one more month! Yellowstone 2 weeks before I move back? Seriously? C'mon, don't forget about me just cuz I live across the country right now! And howcome we don't do fun stuff like this when I DO come home? Here's the new plan: Lindsey moved back west and we all party!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did that 7 months pregnant? Wowza. Couldn't do it! Looks like a fun ride for a day I felt fit and healthy though.

    ReplyDelete