Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas update

Okay all you cute bloggers out there... how do you get cute titles on your blog? You know, with pictures, or cute fonts and stuff. My blog has been too boring for way too long. Someone needs to let me in on the secret! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not too blog-savy I guess:).

Hope you are all having a good holiday season and enjoying your hunt for the perfect gifts. We are almost done with ours, just a few little things left. We are so thrilled finals are over and are just enjoying our month break. Dave has to work at Verizon through Christmas Eve, but I am going to stay with the Bailey's for a week prior to Christmas. Can't wait! Since moving to Cedar, we have hardly got to see them at all, but we see my family all the time. Sort of unfair, but then again, it was the other way around when we lived in Idaho. So everything balances out I guess.

Princess Peyton has done really well at not touching our Christmas tree and gifts. Every now and then she'll make a game out of it though. She will get an inch away from the bulbs with her one little finger then look at us with a mischievous grin like, "I'm not touching it!... What are you going to do?" It is so funny! Once in a while. She will hurry and snatch something off the tree and run down the hall giggling! She likes to be chased and invokes it however she can. :) How we ever lived without this bundle of joy before, I don't know. She makes life so much fun.

(I don't know why... but she almost always only has one sock on.???...)

Playing in the snow! She doesn't care that her fingers get freezing cold, she just likes to hold it, and of course eat it!

Helping (we can sort of call it that) with the dishes. She loves to help! She'll get the broom out and even though it's 3 times her size, she tries to sweep for me. :) Funny story: By our garage door, we don't have a rug, so it seems like I am always wiping up that area of the floor. The other day I came home with a new kitchen towel. It was pretty--white with green and red snowflakes on it for Christmas. I hung it on our oven and a while later walked into the kitchen to see Peyton wiping up mud by the back door with it! I couldn't get mad! It was actually sweet in her own little way. She was just helping--doing what she sees me do. :) Thanks Peyt, it might be stained already, but I'll always think of your helpfulness whenever I see it.

Mom and Peyton--ready to go find our Christmas tree! I'll post pictures of it as soon as I take some! It's pretty :)

What's better than toys? The toy box! We got Peyton a big girl car-seat for Christmas, but gave it to her as soon as it arrived. She had so much fun playing with the big box, that I cut holes in the sides of it for windows, cut the top flap into a triangle to look like a roof, and wrote "welcome" on the bottom flap with some designs to make it look like a welcome mat. Oh, and I made little handles on the inside and the outside :) She loves it! We play peekaboo in it all day long. She even put all her stuffed animals in it. She likes it so much I am considering spray-painting and making curtains!

This girl LOVES purses! In the store, she will grab them and carry them around even. I gave her an old one I had and she carries it on her shoulder. It is so adorable. :)

We love lazy Sunday afternoon. This is the whole family decked out in sweats watching movies. :)

5 comments:

  1. JaRelle, We can make you a banner in 2 min.(get some photos you want and Email them to me. We can do it when you are down, OR I can explain over the phone)! I LOVE that little girl. MISS you all more then you know! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX MeRrY ChRiStMaS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little princess is such a girly-girl. I love it!

    I make all of my title's on a program called Photoscape. It took me a while to figure it out, but I wouldn't go back now. :)

    Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! She looks like a little girl, not a baby! She's growing up way to fast!! I like the pic of you two with coats and beanies :) Way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to comment again because I just miss cute Peyton! And her mama of course. She is getting soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete