Friday, October 8, 2010

Peanut Butter?! and $10 off coupon

So this morning Peyton and I were out for our morning walk and we came upon a multi-family yard sale. They had a bunch of kid DVDs which is something we have been trying to build up a little bit, so I bought a few of them for just a few bucks. The lady said, "None of them should have scratches, but you know how kids are with putting DVDs back in their cases" (rolling her eyes). She continued, "You know how to fix scratched DVDs right?" I said I didn't and she told me, "You take creamy peanut-butter and gently rub it all across the back of the DVD. Let it sit for a minute then gently rub it off. They work good-as-new!" I said "hmm... cool." Impressed, but really a believer. I've tried a lot of things to get scratched DVDs to work and usually nothing works, so how could Peanut Butter fix a scratch?

Well sure enough, we get home and Curious George would not even load in the DVD player. It just said "error." I cleaned it and tried again. Still nothing. Then I thought, "peanut butter huh?..." So I tried it AND IT WORKED!!! I couldn't believe it! It loaded like nothing was ever wrong and never skipped once! Who knew something so simple could fix such an annoying problem?! I've also learned that Cooking spray will stop squeaky doors, and a can of spray paint can turn a $4 D.I. shelf into a work of art. :) I've had quite the good time lately turning D.I. and yard-sale items into treasures. It's amazing and so good on the wallet.

Last word of advice today? It runs along the DVD line. One of the best Disney movies EVER made, Beauty and the Beast of course, is out on DVD again. I have a hard time buying too many Disney classics because they are so expensive, but if you google "Beauty and the Beast coupon" you can find a $10 off coupon! yay! It brings the price down to a do-able $15 bucks instead of $25. It's the Diamond Edition that has 2 blu-rays and a DVD edition. The plain DVD edition is still $20, so you're still coming out ahead even if you don't want the blu-rays.

Anyways, that's my good news for the day.

Love,
~JaRelle

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo glad to see you back to blogging!! Peyton is so dang cute!! Being a mom is the best thing the whole world!! I promise. Your mom talked to me the other day and said that you were stressed! Hang in there. Kids are everything!! I love my little family! Just make sure that you make time for yourself.....it is so important!!
    Keep in touch cute girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're blogging again and I love the post!! What GREAT info!! And I was going to totally splurge and get Beauty and the Beast cz it's my FAV, and now I don't have to feel so bad about spending so much! Thanks! hope all is great JaRelle! Give that little cutie a hug for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Peanut Butter idea is BRILLIANT! Thanks for passing the info along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the awesome tips! I love buying old, junky shelves and other wood projects and fixing them up! It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete