Sunday, June 6, 2010

3 College Graduates!

I started this post a long time ago and for some reason never published it. So again, here's a late one, but better late than never right?
In April my family had 3 college graduates. I graduated with my Bachelors degree in Accounting on April 10th. I have clusters (mini-minors) in Business and Spanish. It was kind of a long road that started with my first two years at SUU, then a mission, and my last two years at BYU-Idaho. Just before graduation I got the honor of receiving the Newell K. Whitney Award for an Outstanding Accounting Student. It is an award given to 5 accounting graduates each semester based on GPA, service, future ambition, and character. I was VERY surprised to receive it. I'm still unsure on why they picked me for one of the awards...
My parents came up for graduation then helped us move out of Rexburg. Just before the ceremony started, Peyton blew out of her diaper, so she is wrapped up in her carseat cover. :) Six years after high school, a mission, marriage and a baby, I finally made it! I would like to say that's the end of school for me, but I start a Masters of Accounting program at SUU in the fall. Then after that, I'll study for a few months and take the CPA exam, and THEN be done... so I still have a while. :s

At the end of April the twins graduated from Utah College of Dental Hygiene. Their journey started with their Associates and pre-reqs at Snow College, then because they are so smart and amazing they got accepted to Dental Hygiene school their first try! (I like to brag on them) They studied VERY hard over the past years both in the books and in practice as they pulled all of us in for cleanings and made me call numerous hispanics for their appointments too. They had national boards and all sorts of hoops to jump through, but they made it! My parents are so proud of them. Luckily they really are done done. No more school for those lucky/smart girls! Lana has already landed a great job in Richfield, and Lindsey will be looking for one in Kentucky when her and Wes get settled there for his Orthodontic schooling.
Not to change the subject, but I love this picture of my dad and Peyton. She just loves him :)
2 proud hubbies and their beautiful/graduated wives. I'm sure they are just as happy as the twins are to have all that stress over!



1 comment:

  1. Awww thanks for including us in your blog :) I need you guys to post stuff like this cuz I'm still like a year behind on mine! haha I gotta get goin on it!

    ReplyDelete