I know I don't update this thing near enough, but here is short run down of what has happened, good new and bad news.
We'll start with the good news: We moved to a new apartment which was such a hassel considering that I can't lift any heavy boxes. I ended up packing them and Dave and his friends moved them. The new apartment has two rooms, so that makes it nice. It has lots of big windows too--which I love.
BYU-Idaho started up on September 10th. Dave and I are both trying to be really focused this semester before the baby arrives so we don't get behind. I only have one hour a day, so I have it pretty easy (for now). In my hardest class though, my teacher said we couldn't miss October 16th, 30th, or November 4th. Great-- I am supposed to have a baby in the middle of those dates. Oh well, it will work out. The Lord said have a baby, so we are; I guess He will work out the details for us. Dave's chemistry teacher is the bishop that he serves with as first counselor. When someone wasn't there the first day, he looked to Dave and asked, "Why isn't her here? Where is he?" Dave was like, "uh..." He's not sure if he is supposed to be the first counselor in class too or what. :)
Well, one thing that never changes is that TIME FLIES! I just had my five-year reunion. It turned out pretty good. About half my class showed up, many of them with their spouses and kids. It was so fun to see where everyone is now and how life has changed. I actually had to plan it (why on earth did I run for senior class president?!), which wasn't too fun since I am 8 months pregnant, but whatever. It went pretty well thanks to a few good friends (Tash and Dustin) who saved us at the last minute with their BBQ. Thanks guys! I still owe you.
I took my camera with the intention to take a big group picture, but I forgot till nearly everyone was gone. I was just going to blow it off, but Tasha insisted that we at least take one with who was left. I wasn't going to, but she persisted and I am glad now. I just wish I hand't forgotten earlier. Oh well! It was still a good time. :)
Then, just today, he called me again... barely being able to speak (which doesn't happen too often). He told me that a dog attacked our pet deer Buck. It broke his ribs and punctured his lungs so they had to put him down. That little guy was such a fun pet. People from all over our community came to see him and take pictures. We only had him 4 months, but he was so much fun, and instantly became part of the family. We'll miss that little freckled guy. :(

We'll start with the good news: We moved to a new apartment which was such a hassel considering that I can't lift any heavy boxes. I ended up packing them and Dave and his friends moved them. The new apartment has two rooms, so that makes it nice. It has lots of big windows too--which I love.
Well, one thing that never changes is that TIME FLIES! I just had my five-year reunion. It turned out pretty good. About half my class showed up, many of them with their spouses and kids. It was so fun to see where everyone is now and how life has changed. I actually had to plan it (why on earth did I run for senior class president?!), which wasn't too fun since I am 8 months pregnant, but whatever. It went pretty well thanks to a few good friends (Tash and Dustin) who saved us at the last minute with their BBQ. Thanks guys! I still owe you.
Now for the bad news: For all of you who really know me, you know that I have a dog named Millie that I absolutely adore. She is a farm dog, so my dad keeps her at the farm since we can't have a dog here in Rexburg. Well, I was playing a joke on my family that I got another pup, and my dad was like "dang, that would have eased the pain of what I have to tell you." when he found out that I didn't. He went on to tell me that my beloved dog, Millie, got ran over last week. He didn't have the heart to tell me till now. If any of you know Millie, you know how much I adore that silly pup. I've had her since my junior year of high school and even took her to college with me at SUU. I didn't believe my dad for a while, but then when I hung up, I just had a good cry. I loved that dog. :(



Man, when it rains it pours sorry about your losses. On the good side to it, there is something WAY exciting coming your way to take your mind off things. Can't wait to meet her. I will miss Buck too... What an awesome pet he was and I didn't really know millie but, I am an animal lover and always get sad when someone I know looses a pet cause I know how bad it can hurt! Hang in there
ReplyDeleteCute apartment, and your class size is teeny tiny. I think I graduated with 650+.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your animals. They really are cute, and I'm not even an animal person.
Your apt is way cute! Ty and I are gonna come stay up some weekend prob Christmas break! Can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for planning the reunion!! It was fun to see those that showed up! I guess I missed this pic! But I was still there!? Hmm. . . Anyway, I'm sorry about your pets. I love mine too and they definitely become part of the family!
ReplyDelete