Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tea-Party!

Dave's Grandma Connie throws a granddaughter's tea-party every year for all the girls in the family.  This was my first tea-party. :)  She goes all out planning the tea-party pretty much all year long and bakes yummy treats for like 3 days straight.  It was fabulous. We ate treats, played games with fun prizes, ate treats again, chit-chatted, received some surprises, ate more treats... it was a great day.  
This year had a theme of Alice in Wonderland's "Mad-Hatter's Tea-Party."  It was a fun idea. There was a crazy hat contest and this is what the Bailey girls all wore.  It was so much fun!
From left-to-right we have:
Anna-- the "unbirthday girl." She actually didn't mind wearing it either!
Linda-- her hat was made of cards (Dave made it-- impressive huh?)
Me-- from the caterpillar that had the Chinese lanterns (from Taiwan)
Lauren-- She had a tea-party on her hat! So funny!
Kiley-- Her's was awesome-- it looked like it was made out of bubbles. :)
Tasha-  Her's won the contest. It had a "painting the roses red" theme.

3 comments:

  1. JaRelle! How fun and what a cute grandma to do that! My blog is private but if you'll send your email to karlibarney@gmail.com i'll add you! Loved finding your blog so I can keep up on you! And I can't wait to find out what your baby is! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! What a cute grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey JaRelle! Cute blog! I know, isn't it so funny! I couldn't believe it, I laughed so hard! Jerry was the first person to ever say that, and he was right! Your tea party looks like it was so much fun! That is so sweet that Dave's grandma does that! I love it! Well, talk to you soon! Love ya

    ReplyDelete